Hot on the heels of our recent changes to criteria focused on contractors, we've now made further changes to benefit self-employed borrowers.
We know securing a mortgage for your self-employed clients can be a challenging and laborious process with many lenders now asking to see additional information and documentation on applications since the COVID pandemic.
But we don’t want to penalise those with growing businesses, or those that struggled during the lock downs and our updated criteria is as easy to remember as 3, 2, 1.
EASY AS 3, 2, 1
- Your clients need to have been trading for three years
- We require just the last two years' SA302s and corresponding Tax Year Overviews
- We'll look to consider the latest years' earnings, subject to sustainability.
Sales director Alison Pallett said:
"We know the application process can sometimes be long and complicated for self-employed borrowers, so we hope this change helps make the process smoother and quicker for you and your clients.
"It’s another example of how we are continuously evolving our mortgage offerings to meet the changing needs of our customers and to help a growing number of borrowers with complex requirements on their homeownership journey.
"We hope to have the next phase of our exciting developments ready to launch by the end of July so look out for our emails in your inbox!"
Broadening our list of recognised organisations and qualifications for accountants
As part of the change to criteria, we have also broadened our list of recognised organisations and qualifications for accountants. This is the list of the new qualifications and corresponding institutions we now accept:
- ACA, FCA from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, also known as Chartered Accountants Ireland – C.A (Chartered Accountant)
- MAAT, FMAAT from the Association of Accounting Technicians
- CTA (Fellow), FTII (Fellow), CTA or ATII from the Chartered Institute of Taxation
- ATT from the Association of Tax Technicians
- ACPA, FCPA from the Certified Public Accountants Association
Our full list of acceptable qualifications are: AAPA, FAPA, ACMA, FCMA, ACA, FCA, ACCA, CA, CPFA, FCCA, MAAT, FMAAT, CTA (Fellow), FTII (Fellow), CTA, ATII, ATT, ACPA and FCPA.
View our current product range.